July 19, 2013

Classroom Preparation Tip

As much as I'm trying to enjoy the precious weeks of summer fun I have left, I can't help but keep my thoughts from turning towards preparations for the upcoming school year. One of the first things that I like to do when I get into my classroom (after I clean the layers of dust) is to get it all setup and decorated. It always makes me feel so much better when my room is ready to go. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed into our classrooms until about two weeks before the students come back and many of those days are spent in meetings, professional development, or just about anything that isn't working in my classroom.

I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head over the summer, that I am easily overwhelmed when I finally get into my classroom. This year I am trying to make things a bit easier and allow myself to work more efficiently.

Before I left for the summer, I took pictures of my classroom. (I like to have a visual of different areas when I'm thinking about them at home.) I decided to print out the pictures and make notes regarding my ideas right on the page. That way, when I get back into my classroom, I can just look at my notes and work my way around the room setting things up.

Here are a couple of my pictures:




By printing the pictures on paper, I can write my notes right on the page. I hope this little tip helps you to make better use of your time as you are preparing your classroom.

How much time do you have left before you'll be preparing your classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment